This week has been an awesome one for all of us geeks. What with Comic Con International happening on the weekend (and all the awesomeness that comes with it), to the new Star Trek being released, to the craziness that is Pokemon Go, it almost makes one feel bad for the people who just don’t get it….
Nah, not really.
Seriously though, I’m not a huge fangirl, not by any stretch of the imagination, and even I was all gaga over the goodies that the past week had in store.
So here’s my Friday Fav’s (or my top five things of the week):
- Amazon launched it’s ‘Geek Boutique‘, which is essentially an easy way to find things all geek related on the site. Things like this Darth Vader bag, cause like, who doesn’t need one of these? It’s a great concept, kind of like a one-stop-shop that includes movies, comics, graphic novels and all the other fun stuff that goes with pop culture – I just hope they can keep up to date with it.
- Star Trek Beyond. I grew up watching the original series and JJ Abrams and Justin Lin have done a fantastic job of taking it to the next level. Loved the movie.
- Starbucks Nitro Brew. I’ll be the first to admit that I prefer coffee shops that serve their coffee in actual ceramic cups, Starbucks has really stepped up to the plate first with their line of Cold Brews (which are pretty good) and now they are launching their Nitro Brews. Looking forward to seeing these bad boys in action.
- Trailers, trailers and yet more trailers. The big plus of Comic Con is all the new movie trailers that get realized, PLUS all the final versions of movies that are set to come out over the next year. (personally, I’m looking forward to ‘Suicide Squad’, ‘Doctor Strange’ and ‘Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them’)
- Comic Con Cosplay – cause it wouldn’t be a Con without it.
Till next time – may the geek be with you, always.